This time, an enchilada pie!
Stella’s Green Sour Cream Nochicken Enchilada Pie
2 cups vegetable broth
1/2 package Soy Curls*
3 Tbsp canola oil
1.5 cups vegan cream of mushroom soup (I used vegan portobello soup; or make your own)
1 4 oz. can diced green chiles
1 cup spinach, washed and roughly chopped
1/3 cup cilantro, washed and roughly chopped
6 oz. sour cream (1/2 container of Sour Supreme)
1/4 cup diced green onions
2 Tsp cumin
8 oz. cheese, shredded (I used FYH Monterey Jack)
salt and pepper to taste
12 corn tortillas
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a medium saucepan, bring vegetable broth just to a boil and reduce heat; add Soy Curls and allow them to expand over ten to fifteen minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, in a large food processor or blender, purée soup, chiles, spinach, cilantro, sour cream, cumin, salt, and pepper, keeping some cilantro apart for garnish. Set aside.
4. Drain Soy Curls and add to pan with 1 Tbsp canola oil. Sautée over medium high heat, stirring often, until curls are nicely browned, and remove from heat.
5. Grease a medium to large, oven safe dish (up to 12″ in diameter) with remaining canola oil. Pour in one cup of the soup mixture and top with three corn tortillas, fanning them out from the center if necessary to ensure they cover the diameter of the dish.
6. Add 1/3 Soy Curls, 1/4 of the shredded cheese, and 1/3 of the green onions. Repeat with three more layers, using all ingredients except 1/4 of the cheese.
7. Top with the remaining shredded cheese and any dribbles of the soup mixture which are left over.
8. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until cheese is golden brown and sauce bubbles, broiling for the last three minutes or so if necessary. Allow to cool for at least ten minutes before slicing.
9. Garnish with cilantro and serve with rice, beans, guacamole, salsa, and any other Mexican sides you desire!
Cross posted from stellatex.