It’s spring, and that means bake sale season! Let’s start the season right with World-Wide Vegan Bake Sales. Texas is hosting
seven eight sales this year, including multiple in Austin and Houston. See below for a full list of Texas sales and info on how to participate.
I’ll be baking for the Austin sale at Monkey Wrench this Saturday. I’ve come into a motherlode of Dandies (that’s vegan marshallows), and despite my friends’ recommendations to EAT THEM ALL, I’ll be baking with at least some of them. I’m thinking chocolate-dipped marshmallow pops and some kind of cookie bar. Have you decided what to bake? I’ve been gathering some ideas over on Pinterest, if you’re still deciding.
A few bake sale tips:
- Start with a clean kitchen
- Individually wrap each item
- Make it cute. Cute items bring in more money. Look for fun bake sale wrappers at a craft store.
- Label your baked goods with their name and major allergens. (Think soy, wheat, gluten, peanuts, and tree nuts.)
- Don’t neglect savory. I like to make corn bread with savory herbs and dried fruit.